Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Second Hand Christmas in July

***
 This is a stale post.  Don't you smell the stank?
For fresh ideas and the newest new new stuff 
why don't you head on over to the blog we actually update.

Love to see you there.
Carry on as you were.

***  

This July,
I found all sorts of great pieces
for Holiday time that will arrive
not soon enough.

All thrifty, fun finds at that.

I found these super sized ornaments
that I will use for some outdoor decor
off of my back porch
for 17 cents each at a 90% off
Christmas in July sale
at St. Vincent's de Paul

Super sized ornaments | Christmas in July
Salvation Army Find, 8 ornaments at 17 cents each
Photo (c) b3 home designs

This next find
was actually a garage sale
that I almost didn't stop at

I actually kind of felt guilty about this purchase
because the guy seemed like he took a few things
out of his home
to sell
so that he'd have bus fair.

Everything was from his Holiday stash.

I saw this pile of two different kinds
of light up candy canes.

Last year, we were going to make some wooden canes.
Now, we can use these light up ones.

I asked the guy how much
and he told me $2.  I thought he meant for each cane.
I asked "for all of them"
and when he said yes, I was so surprised,
I asked if he meant yes for ALL of them.
And he did.

So about two dozen canes to stake into the ground
and light up.

Awesome.
 $2 Yard Sale Light up Candy Canes
Photo (c) b3 home designs

My last and absolute best find
was this (and the other half).
Aside from yard sales and thrift stores
I also love Freecycle and found on road side.

I don't find much on my road sides.
But I do find much on Freecycle. 
In July, I answered the call for this 9 ft tall
faux tree.
And it was free
and it barely fit in my trunk.

And I can't wait to try to hang it upside down.

Free Roadside 9 ft Faux tree
Photo (c) b3 home designs

Christmas in July was awesome. 
I can't wait for the first snowfall this year.

Okay.
I can.

2 comments:

  1. Freecycle is a great resource but sometimes it can be hard for new Freecycle members to adjust to all the rules and the flood of email from the mailings lists. I've built a new site at http://trashnothing.com that tries to makes it easier for people to use their existing free recycling groups. I'd love to hear feedback if you get a chance to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to try freecycle. I love Christmas in July - those ornaments are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Brilliant, huh? Glad you think so (smile). Tell me something good.