Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seen on the Internets: Pottery Barn Abacus Hack

***
 This is a stale post.  Don't you smell the stank?
For fresh ideas and the newest new new stuff 
why don't you head on over to the blog we actually update.

Love to see you there.
Carry on as you were.

***  

So no one actually lives in the PB catalog.
Because no one needs 6 fans in one room (energy efficient much??)
And no one really needs a giant abacus.
Especially if you have one of those computer things that does math for you.
We all know this is nothing about need.
This is all about want.
That abacus is AWESOME. 
Mostly because I am married to a finance geek.
But also because I live in a house with GIGANTIC spaces.
So all things oversized are awesome to me.

Best of all. This is a HACK that was already done by others.
Namely Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming did this awesome Pottery Barn Abacus hack. So I headed over and got my hack on.

This hack looks Hard. Which is why it is on my "to do" when I get you, know HOURS of time at once to not blog or something. For me, this will be a hard project because her instructions hint that someone like me will need patience. Repetive cuts and motions and all. And I don't have a drill press, but I have rigged up a good enough fix to drill those holes. Over.  And over.  And over again.

But this isn't advanced.  Basic tools and it is relatively inexpensive because scrap wood is good in my garage.

I'll likely modify it some - love the vintage deep wood coloring, but I might add some color to this too.

I'm thinking dark and light beads.  What do you think? I've got my coupons all up and ready to go shopping.

Gulp.
Awesome huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brilliant, huh? Glad you think so (smile). Tell me something good.