Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vase Filler Peace Signs (aka Just buy them already)


***
 This is a stale post.  Don't you smell the stank?
For fresh ideas and the newest new new stuff 
why don't you head on over to the blog we actually update.

Love to see you there.
Carry on as you were.

***  

So it has been a while since I've had a project fail
What...2 hours or so?

It was only fitting that my most recent fail
would come on something as labor intensive as replicating these

Pottery Barn miniature glittered peace signs | Vase Filler
Photo (c) b3 home designs

Now to be fair
this wasn't a complete fail
just a bit more of my perfectionist tendencies
tied to my lack of patience.

I gathered my supplies

Peace Sign Vase Filler Hack supplies
Photo (c) b3 home designs

And then I did what I do best
as you well know from this post
I still don't have a cricuit
and yes, I'm still trying to win one
so be sure to link me up if you're giving one away on your blog.


But I digress.
I went about cutting each of those tiny peace signs out by hand.
Handcutting mini peace signs. Still wish I had a cricuit. 
Or any kind of cutter that would do this for me
Even a punch would do right about now
Photo (c) b3 home designs

Then I glittered them up


Hand glittering mini peace sign vase filler
Photo (c) b3 home designs

And they turned out like this
Drying vase filler peace signs
Photo (c) b3 home designs

not wild about them.
loved the concept of having them in red
and not paying what I'm sure was like $20
for a tiny box of these 
okay (maybe 12.50)

Probably will go back and glitter a second layer
after I get over the bitter dissapointment
that it would be a very tiny vase at this rate
of creation
that I would be able to fill if I kept at it like this

Instead, I will likely do the large sized signs 
I saw hanging on their trees last year.
I can totally do that.

here's the printout I used to cut the peace signs.
have at it

Printable peace sign template
have at it


 Photo from PB online catalog
Coolest project ever accomplished.
Anyhow, until then...


Linked up over at  

1 comment:

Brilliant, huh? Glad you think so (smile). Tell me something good.