Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Second Hand | Bright Idea: Pottery Barn Cloche Hack

***
 This is a stale post.  Don't you smell the stank?
For fresh ideas and the newest new new stuff 
why don't you head on over to the blog we actually update.

Love to see you there.
Carry on as you were.

***  

Cloches are all the rage right?
But $70 rage?
Get outta here.


They are awesome though so I've thought up my own take on them.
There's this one that I got at Goodwill Burien for $1.99


$1.99 Goodwill Hurricane turned Cloche
Photo (c) b3 home designs

It is actually a hurricane. 
Which is kinda awesome in and of itself.
But I do have a puppy. 
And the hurricane is somewhat thin.
So I didn't want to purch it up on that smallish base and make it all top heavy.
Honestly, it was by accident that I flipped it around like that there.
Okay.  No it wasn't.  Because that was my bright idea.
From the moment I saw it on the shelf.
And saw the price.

I did already have the glass cake stand (I know, I hate when folks say that too).
But it was a wedding gift from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
$20 for the full set and $1.99 for a hurricane at Goodwill, I'm sure you can work it out.

Before I bought that hurricane, though, I was at the Habitat ReStore.
Yes, this was the infamous "We don't sell chalkboard paint" visit.
I saw these light fixture covers.
And couldn't get imaginative with them, then.
They were $5 each and I was convinced I wanted to have 2 or 3.  At least.
And I also knew I had a stupidly self imposed limit of about $10
Because really...I was just there for paint. 
And I had already picked up more than I was there for.
But I had to go back.
Alas, the cloches that could have been were gone.

Sniff.

I'll keep my eyeballs peeled.

2 comments:

Brilliant, huh? Glad you think so (smile). Tell me something good.